Best outdoor projectors let you organize different events. You can throw a classic movie night using these backyard movie projectors or watch your favorite football match on a big screen with your friends and family. The outdoor projectors are considered as investments that pay off for years. But you must know which outdoor projector will suit you the most. However, there are no projectors that are designed solely for outdoor purposes, though the home theatre projectors can be set up outdoors at ease.
Best Outdoor Projectors to Buy in 2020 – Top Backyard Movie Projectors
Here’s the list of the best outdoor projectors that you can consider buying this year. Starting with
1. Optoma HD27HDR 1080p 4K HDR Ready Home Theater Projector
The Optoma HD27HDR is one of the finest home theatre projectors out there. You can enjoy 4K picture quality entertainment from this projector. It has a lightning-fast 1080p input response times of 16ms at 60Hertz. You can also experience HDR technology with a large screen experience at 3400 lumens of brightness. It is a projector perfect for games. The projector is also regarded as a good option for commercial use.
The HD27HDR has a pearl white color with a catchy look. There are some powerful ports located at the backside of the projector including HDMI 2.0, 3D sync, etc. The weight of this device is 6.2 pounds while the dimensions are 9.7 x 12.44 x 4.27 inches.
- Optoma HD27HDRhas a stunning picture quality. The details and colors of the display are extra-ordinary and offer you a home theater entertainment. The contrast ratio of the projector is 50000:1 which is incredibly high.
- You can enjoy high-resolution 4K videos that provide a never-ending cinematic experience. The image brightness is 3400 lumens which allows you to watch videos in the day time as well.
- The projector comes with a 1080p HDR gaming mode. It has a lightening response when connected to HDR.
- The HD27HDR has an array of energy-saving features. It has an extended lamp life of 15000 hours.
- It has full 3D 1080p support.
With Optoma HD27HDR, you can feel the real fun of any game in premium resolution and without and lag. It has a full 4K HDR support. The projector is compatible with most media players, HD-ready gaming consoles, computers, and smartphones with HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 support and HDMI 1.4a.
- The HD27HDR supports 4K HDR input.
- It has a number of energy-saving features.
- The startup menu is small.
- The remote is not up to the mark.
2. Epson EX5260 – Outdoor Movie Projector
The Epson EX5260 is one of the most reliable projectors out there in the market. It is a wireless portable projector with a bright and vivid display. This projector has a very simple setup which is comprised of just a few steps. It is considered one of the best projectors in 2020.
The printer has a smart design. It has a weight equal to 6.2 pounds. The design of the printer is 3D with dimensions of 11.9 x 9.8 x 3.4 inches. On the backside, there are various ports including a wireless HDMI slot, USB slot, power slot, LAN port, etc.
- The projector has very accurate and vivid colors. The picture quality of the projector is very clear even in lit rooms. It has a remarkable 3,600 lumens of color/white brightness.
- EX5260 has an XGA resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. It is 1.5 times more than SVGA for a more detailed picture.
- There are wireless connectivity options including HDMI so you can connect your tablets, laptops, and mobiles and don’t need to remain static in one place.
- The Epson projector has a swift and easy setup. Also, it has a fast Wireless Setup for your mobile phone.
- You just need to scan the on-screen QR code using your phone or tablet.
- It is a portable projector that you can easily carry with yourself.
The EX5260 has a great sound performance. The color brightness along with white brightness can vary. It is dependent on the usage condition. The color light output is calculated according to IDMS 15.4. The wireless functionality is carried out by the Epson iProjection App. However, the Epson iProjection App cannot support all types of files and formats.
- EX5260 has wireless connectivity.
- The image quality is harper and much more detailed.
- It’s portable and smart.
- An extra $100 is required to buy an adapter for wireless connectivity.
3. Optoma HD142X 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector:
Optoma HD142X is the first home theater projector on our list. The projector is a multi-option and cost-effective 1080p Home Theater Projector which comes along with a number of exciting features. These include 3000 lumens of image brightness, 1920 x 1080 Full HD Resolution, 1.1x Zoom, sRGB support, and 23,000:1 contrast ratio. The HD142X is an excellent Home Theater Projector for enjoying Blu-ray movies or playing games in spectacular graphics.
The HD142X has a captivating design. It is a lightweight projector with a mass of just over 5 pounds. The dimensions of the projector are 9 x 11.73 x 3.7 inches. The slots for HDMI, USB, etc. are located on the backside.
- The colors of HD142X are vibrant and exceptional. The image brightness is equal to 3000 lumens. In addition to that, the image is much sharper with a contrast ratio of 23000:1, and the resolution for display is 1920*1080 pixels.
- The projector has an extended lamp life. It can last for an astonishing 8000 hours.
- The HD142X is equipped with massive 10W built-in speakers to provide a cinematic experience.
- The projector is packed with full 3D features. It can display true 3D pictures from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray players, 3D broadcasting, etc.
- The projector comes with MHL connectivity.
The HD124X has swift performance. There is an extended lamp life that can last for 8000 hours. Along with it, there are 10W built-in speakers for providing users with a thrilling experience.
- HD124X has full 3D support.
- The image quality is very sharp.
- It is equipped with HTML connectivity.
- The lamp has a very low lifetime.
4. GooDee 2020 Upgrade HD Video Projector 6000L:
The GooDee HD movie projector provides exceptional sharpness with an HD resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels. This projector offers next-generation color technology along with a powerful cooling system that brings splendid heat dispersion and much lower noise. You can enjoy a massive 230-inch display. For cinematic experience, this projector has 2 built-in powerful speakers. It is also an affordable projector with brilliant specifications.
The GooDee HD movie projector has a stylish design. On the top side of the projector, there are different keys. Like the Menu button, the power key for quick response. There is a height adjustment key beneath the lens. Other ports including HDMI, USB are present on the backside. The weight of the projector is 5 pounds while dimensions are 12 x 9.4 x 4.7 inches.
- GooDee HD movie projector has a multi-dimensional projection system. A height adjustment key is provided for the task.
- The projector is equipped with advanced cooling technology. This allows swift heat dissipation even if we use the projector for a longer period of times.
- A LED light source is also enabled in the projector. The video projector provides up to 30,000 hours of lamp life.
- There are Hifi Stereo speakers installed in the projector. For a truly amazing experience, it has a pair of 3W speakers with SRS sound.
- The projector has a low noise mechanism. Due to which there is no disturbing factor while watching a movie or attending a presentation in a silent room.
There are smart keys available on the projector for quick and better response. It automatically enhances the performance of the projector. Furthermore, the projector runs very smoothly because of the built-in cooling system. Also, the sound performance of the projector is astounding.
- It has a built-in cooling system.
- There is a height adjustment feature.
- It’s a budget projector.
- To connect a mobile device, you need additional MHL cables.
- A dark room is compulsory for a better display.
Are you planning to make your backyard a mini outdoor home theater? You might need Outdoor Speakers for Your Movie Projectors as well.
5. BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector:
W1070 by BenQ is the first 3D projector on our list. The BenQ projectors have earned privilege due to their vibrant colors and this projector has remained up to mark in providing the vibrancy. It is a prolific 3D compatible HD projector. The projector has a massive 200-inch screen with a DarkChip3 DLP display. W1070 has an excellent user-friendly experience.
The BenQ W1070 has a modest design. The display height of the projector is 8 inches while the weight is equal to 6.06 pounds. There are a number of ports like HDMI, power supply, etc. are present on the backside. The dimensions of the projectors are 9.6 x 12.3 x 4.1 inches.
- The resolution of the projector is 1080p which is considered as full HD. There is a DarkChip3 DLP display with a splendid contrast ratio of 10000:1.
- The W1070 supports various forms of 3D, which include HDMI, Blu-Ray, 3D broadcasting, video games, and NVIDIA 3DTV PC connectivity.
- The projector is equipped with the leading smart ECO technology which helps you to save up to 70% lamp power and other maintenance costs due to the dynamic power saving features.
- BenQ W1070 has an easy setup along with rich connectivity. It involves a few simple steps and then the projector would be ready to perform at its best.
BenQ W1070 is one of the finest projectors in this price range. The image brightness of the projector is 2000 lumens due to which it provides a scintillating display. In addition to that, the projector has a leading power saving technology which saves power efficiently. It is also considered as one of the best projectors for gamers.
- W1070 is equipped with smart Ecotechnology.
- It provides a sharper and vivid display.
- The projector can overheat and turnoff by regular use.
- The bulb of the projector must be replaced after using it for a year or two.
6. ViewSonic PJD7828HDL Home Theater Projector with 3D DLP:
ViewSonic PJD7828HDL is the most suitable projector for home and outdoor entertainment. It is a budget home theater projector. The PJD7828HDL is equipped with 3200 lumens, DLP DarkChip3 technology, and a Full HD 1920×1080 display. It comes with an exclusive Super Color technology that provides a wide color gamut for splendid image production in almost any environment.
The PJD7828HDL has a user-friendly design. It has a sleek white chassis. The weight of the projector is 5.29 pounds while the dimension are 8.98 x 12.44 x 4.08 inches.
- The ViewSonic PJD7828HDL has a maximum display size of 300 inches. So, you can enjoy super-sized movies and games.
- The projector has a SuperColor IPSMatch technology that combines blends wheel coatings, advanced optics-grade materials, and high-precision chromatic adjustments for extra-ordinary color quality. Also, the projector has an image brightness of a staggering 3200 lumens to provide you with a brighter image.
- We can control more than five projectors in the same venue by a single remote control. A programmable hotkey ‘MyButton’ can be configured to initiate the most widely used functions.
- The projector is packed with dual 3D Blu-Ray HDMI inputs and can be viewed by PGD-350 shutter glasses.
The PJD7828HDL provides you scintillating experience with its super-sized display. The dual 3D Blu-Ray display works amazingly with prolific colors because of SuperColor IPS Match technology.
- The projector is equipped with programmable remote control.
- It is an affordable home theater projector.
- The short-throw of the projector is awful.
- We have to reset the screen size each time we turn the projector on.
7. ViewSonic PJD5555W WXGA HDMI Projector
The ViewSonic LightStream PJD5555w is a mini projector that occupied a spot on our list of best outdoor projectors. The PJD555w has a WXGA 1280×800 resolution and user-friendly design. The projector is equipped with SuperColorTM technology which provides a wider color range for image projection. This projector suits education and small business environments.
ViewSonic PJD5555w has a compact and smart
design. The weight of the projector is 4.63 pounds. It has a beautiful set of
keys at the top of the surface. The dimensions of the device are
8.98 x 12.44 x 4.08 inches.
- The PJD555w has an image brightness of 3300 lumens with a dynamic contrast ratio of 20000:1. The maximum size of the screen is 270 inches. The resolution of the picture is WXGA 1200*800 pixels.
- The projector has an advanced SuperColorTM technology which has enhanced the vibrancy of colors and gives a true experience.
- It has an energy-saving DynamicEco feature which reduces power consumption by up to 70 percent, and extends the lamp life by 10,000 hours.
- The projector comes with a 3-year warranty for parts while 1 year limited warranty for the lamp.
- The box of the projector includes power cable, VGA cable , Remote control along with batteries, quick start guide and a ViewSonic Wizard CD.
The PJD5555w provides brisk performance. The color display is more vibrant and vivid. The projector is compatible with Mac, and Windows. It can also be connected with DVD players, Blu-ray players, Amazon FireTV, and many more. A massive 270-inch display can be enjoyed from a height of 30 feet.
- The PJD5555w has SuperColorTM technology.
- The projector comes with a warranty for its different parts.
- The projector creates a bit of annoying noise.
Lens adjustment doesn’t let you adjust the size of the image.
8. VANKYO Leisure 510 HD Movie Projector
The Vankyo Leisure 510 HD is a Big screen Home Cinema Projector. The best viewing distance the projector is 10 feet. The projector is packed with some impressive features under this price tag. You can buy this projector in under $500. It is also regarded as the best choice for playing games. This projector is designed for providing you with a truly cinematic experience.
Vankyo Leisure 510 HD has a foldable projector screen. It is a portable projector with white glossy look. The weight of the projector is 5.5 pounds. There are smart keys available right at the top of the lens. The dimensions of the projector are 5.9 x 12.8 x 13.4 inches.
- The Leisure 510 HD is packed with 4500 lux LED light which provides brighter and crispier images. The resolution which the device provides is 1280*768 pixels. Along with it, the projector has a contrast ratio of 3000:1 to offer sharper images.
- The projector is equipped with an upgraded cooling system that saves it from overheating in order to provide exceptional and long-lasting performance. Also, it reduces the noise of the fan.
- There are a couple of 3W built-in speakers to provide an astounding audio experience.
- The maximum size of the screen is 230 inches with an extended lamp life of 50,000 hours.
The performance of the projector is impressive if we compare it with its price. The projector is compatible with PC, laptop, iPad, iPhone, smartphones, TV Stick, Xbox, and many more. It is regarded as a true omnipotent multimedia projector. Also, it is the most suitable choice for entertainment at home.
- It is a budget projector.
- The size of the screen is massive regarding the price tag.
- The resolution is not up to the mark as shown in the description.
9. VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector
Vankyo Leisure 3 is a LED portable mini home theatre projector. It is the cheapest projector on our list. You can buy it in under $200. There is a latest cooling system for an everlasting fun. This projector is most suitable for home use. It brings you an amazing viewing experience.
The Leisure 3 is a lightweight mini portable projector so you can carry it around. It’s a very smart projector. The weight of the projector is just over two pounds while the dimensions are 7.9 x 5.9 x 3.1 inches.
- The Vankyo Leisure grants you a superior viewing experience. It can support full HD (1920*1080p) resolution. It is powered by an MStar Advanced color engine and an upgraded LED lighting for more vibrant picture.
- The maximum size of the screen is 170 inches while the recommended viewing distance is 6.5 feet.
- There are a couple of built-in speakers in the mini home projector.
- It is compatible with all types of devices and you don’t even need to install any application in order to connect any smartphone.
The Leisure 3 is equipped with an advanced cooling system with heat dissipation which it to run for longer period of times. Along with it, there is a noise suppression technology which cuts fan sound in half so it doesn’t annoy the audience. Though, it’s a tiny projector but provides you a true home theatre experience.
- The Vankyo leisure is portable, lightweight and a budget projector.
- The sound quality of the projector is cheap.
10. EUG Wireless Projector HD 1080P
The EUG projector HD 1080p is the only wireless projector on our list. But being wireless is just one of many outstanding features. Even we can consider it as a full pc like device because it has its own operating system. Also, it can operate directly through Wi-Fi connectivity. It is a best pick for Android lovers.
The EUG wireless projector has a holistic design. It’s comparatively massive in size. The weight of the projector is 8.27 pounds and the dimensions are 13.3 x 10.4 x 4.7 inches. The backside consists of all the slots, power supply and buttons to switch on/off.
- The EUG wireless projector has an Android 6.0 as an operating system. There is a quad core CPU. So we presume that it can become an alternative to a conventional PC.
- It provides a HD display with 4600 lumens of image brightness and a contrast ratio of 5000:1 for a detailed picture.
- There is an immersive Sound Experience and Dolby Audio Decoding. In addition to that, there are a couple of built in high magnetic speakers.
- You can also download and run apps through google store.
- It can support all modern multimedia connectivity including Bluetooth 4.0.
- The projector has an extended lamp life of 50,000 hours.
- The maximum size of the screen is 200 inches from placing the projector at the height 22 feet.
The projector provides a versatile home entertainment. The Quad-core CPU provides a good speed for processing. It has an outstanding display performance. The projector is compatible with all the devices through HDMI, Bluetooth, USB etc.
- The projector has its own operating system and a CPU.
- It is an affordable projector and available in less than $400.
- The Android version is outdated.
- The Bluetooth audio is horrible as well.
- It only works for consecutive 30 minutes and automatically turns off after that time.
All of the above mentioned best outdoor projectors on our list have been selected by giving regard to the outdoor environments. My personal picks among the list are the top two. The Optoma HD27HDR 1080p 4K HDR is the only among the best outdoor projectors on our list that supports 4K videos. In addition to that, the brightness of the projector also supports outdoor environments and it’s not that expensive as compared to the specifications. The other one is the Epson Ex5260. The reason for choosing this projector is its reliability and excellent feedback on different websites. The brightness of the bulb is pretty high which suits the outdoor viewing. Along with that, it’s a lightweight projector and has a very easy set up to install. So my recommendations would revolve around these two projectors. If you have any queries related to my list or the information which I provided then you can comment in the section below.